Winter is here and the bedroom is the perfect place for a little seasonal update. I prefer to keep things simple when decorating a bedroom. Once you have the basics sorted, such as bed, bedside table, storage and lighting its time to get decorating…
Here are my simple tips when decorating in the bedroom especially in winter…
1. inject colour – Add a little or a lot. Im a big fan of introducing colour into the home, currently I’m loving pastel shades of mint or ocean sea foams – updating your bedlinen instantly updates the look and feel of your bedroom – its as simple as that!
2. play with pattern and texture – pattern and texture add visual interest to any room – why not add a statement blanket to add personality to your bed.
3. display – your bed side table is the perfect canvas for a little display – but don’t forget all your essentials. A tray is the perfect answer to contain all your things and makes for the framework for a bedside vignette.
4. add layers – the colder months make for the prefect time to add blankets, cushions and throw practical and easy on the eye too. Layer it up!
5. Keep it personal – Your bedroom should be your sanctuary for rest and relaxation, so surround yourself with things that make you smile, a collection of things that mean something to you. Fresh flowers beside the bed always makes me smile.
6. Splurge – its ok to splurge on quality bed linen (really!) I’m a big fan of natural materials such as cotton and linen, I love how they feel against the skin.
7. Try it on – just as you would when shopping for clothes, check the colour of the bedlinen against your skin – sometimes bed linen is the only thing that you are wearing and it should make you look and feel great!
Sponsored post for Country Road styled by MJG shot on location
Photography Jacqui Turk
All items (bed linen, blanket, cushions, cup, candles and timber tray, vase and timber boxes) featured are all available now from Country Road in store and online so you can shop the look now