Faster internet and mome security over the holidays yes please!
In partnership with Netgear I have been road testing two awesome home tech products
Take a look here setting up and the products set up in Paradise studios Byron Bay
here is an introduction to the two products…
A home monitoring system. The holidays are just around the corner, and according to NSW crime statistics, Christmas eve is a peak time for risk timer home burglaries and break ins – fuelling the need for additional security in their homes, it all hooks up to my phone and it means I can check up on Sohia when I do leave her home!
Here is a bit about the Arlo Pro, it’s the world’s first and only 100% wire-free weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security camera. Key features include:
- 100% wire free – place it anywhere!
- HD quality streaming – live stream and watch recordings in more brilliant detail than ever before
- 2 way audio – listen in and talk back through the built in speaker and mic
- Night vision – automatically switches on at night to shed light on the smallest wonders!
- 130 degree viewing angle – see more of every movement
- Advanced motion detection – Wide–angle PIR motion sensor which means no movement will slip through without your notice
- Weatherproof – can brave the hottest, coldest, wettest weather!
- Rechargeable – with long lasting batteries
- Discreet design
With up to 12 devices connected to the average home WiFi network, I know I have at least 5! it’s important Australian homes have a system that matches their household usage and the size of their property. However, for many Aussies, the reality of their network includes dropped connections, dead spots and incessant buffering.
NETGEAR is taking a stand against bad WiFi with Orbi.
Here is a little bit about it. Orbi is the World’s First Tri-Band Home WiFi System. From your front yard to your home office, to your back yard, Orbi gives you reliable, secure, stronger and faster WiFi to every inch of your home
- No more deadzones – deadzones and dropped connections through walls are a thing of the past with Orbi. It can reach up to 350 square metres through traditional WiFi barriers like walls, stairs and doors using dedicated Tri-Band technology
- Don’t wait on buffering – buffering shouldn’t be a part of movie night. Orbi helps prevent buffering and lag by creating a high speed Internet superhighway for all of your devices. The Orbi Tri-Band WiFi System works with your current ISP’s modem to maximize the speed you are paying for, to every inch of your home and beyond
- Quick and easy setup – Orbi works with your Internet service provider right out of the box without needing to change your current equipment
- Innovative Tri-Band technology – Orbi is the only Home WiFi System using dedicated Tri-Band technology. Other, first generation WiFi systems use dual band and mesh technology which can slow down your WiFi speed as you add more devices, or even more mesh units
- Sleek design – the Orbi is not your standard WiFi router (see attached images) and is the ideal piece of tech for the most stunningly designed home
These products I found easy to set up and fun to use – with the Telstra WiFi Maximiser app my wifi is running with Orbi at its best and Im suddenly hooked on checking in at home and Sophia remotely with Arlo
Photos Jason Grant