Its beginning to feel (really) like Christmas, despite styling for it for some time now!
A while back I was asked to create a Christmas table setting for a campaign for Iconic Australian fashion brand Sportscraft. It was briefed for it to be simple and “Australian”. pretty much my preferred signature style.
We had a beautiful day creating some magic shooting by the water on the harbour at a secret beach. Christmas is fast approaching and the key is to be organised and have a plan.
Here are my top tips to creating a beautiful and simple Christmas table at your place that will be sure to impress your guests.
1. Pick a colour Palette , ours was white with natural elements, try avoid too many colours try to stick to no more than three.
2. Keep it simple – dont crowd the table, make sure there is room to serve and for your guests to have a conversation.
3. create different heights – we added flowers and some some found branches for added dimension.
4. Have a feature/theme – It helps pull everything together, it can be as simple or as specific as you want ours of course was a white Christmas by the sea.
5. Set the scene – we went for a relaxed casual vibe as our setting was by the water.
6. Layer the table – use placemats, table runners and linen to add interest to a table with out overcomplicating things.
7. Personalise your table/place settings and make your guest feel really welcome.
8. lastly treat yourself – use your best glasses , serving ware, cutlrey and plate ware to make it a special occasion in the details. Christmas is that special once a year event!
Photo Credit Derek Swalwell