Earlier this year, the team at Sony Australia got in touch ahead of the launch on the new Sony BRAVIA A1 OLED TV to see if I would be interested in collaborating with them. The whole idea behind the Sony A1 OLED (aside from the amazing technology of course) is that it can seamlessly fit into any living room space. I helped bring this to life at Sony’s launch event held at Carriageworks earlier this month.
In the lead up to the event , I was lucky enough to road test the Sony OLED at home. It was like having my very own home cinema, the picture and sound quality were awesome and the colours were popping off the screen! I especially loved the voice activated function on the remote control which easily followed all my commands. I also used this function to catch up on all of my favourite shows (Game of Thrones & Younger) and watch movies on Google Play and video clips on You Tube.
For the launch event, I created three completely different living spaces to showcase how the Sony A1 OLED TV can work into different Australian homes. The room themes we ran with included: Inner City, Bachelor Pad and Family. I’m sure you can agree from the images below that the Sony OLED looked perfect in each space…thought it would be hard for it not look good!
So here are my top tips when creating your own technology-centric living space – with the Sony A1 OLDE TV at the forefront ,of course !
- Know where to save and where to spend. Select and invest in great foundation pieces. Your sofa, floor rug and other large furniture pieces like sideboards and shelving are pieces you should spend more on. You can add accessories and decoration over time and these additions need not be expensive
2. A great TV cabinet is important -you look at it as much as you do your TV! As well as being stylish, it can also serve as excellent storage in your lounge room. also use floor rugs to create zones and define spaces – remember a bigger rug is always better!
3. Good lighting is key to making any space work. Avoid overhead/downlighting, particularly if you want to create a more cinematic experience and really enjoy the deep rich blacks and bright highlights of a TV like the Sony A1 OLED. Instead use task lighting and decorative lighting to create a mood. In the Batchelor set up we included the iconic Gubi floor lamp from Urban Couture.
4. Express your personality in your home by decorating it the way you like to – it’s your place so personalise it with your own style, whether that be your favourite books, artwork or knick knacks. I think it’s important to surround yourself with things you love and make you feel happy at home – it’s all about feel good style. We added artworks from Pampa and Blacklist to the rooms, decorative pieces from Dinosaur designs , West Elm, Pony Rider, Hay and Ikea.
5. Add plants for good green feel good vibes – plants make you happy and are a great way to update any space. My current favourites are fiddle leaf figs, monstera and ponytail palms.
6.Last but not least, choose technology that is minimalist and timeless, like the Sony’s A1 OLED TV, so that it doesn’t dominate the room and can evolve with your living space